[C++-sig] Re: Boost-Python

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Aug 10 03:49:50 CEST 2004

"Pedro Bolaños" <psbolanos at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to build boost-python both through the visual studio
> project file, and by using bjam. Either way I get the following output
> (errors):

<snip>

> What can I do about it? Am I doing something wrong?
> - I'm working on Windows XP
> - I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
> - I'm using Boost 1.31 and boost-jam 3.1.10

I can't vouch for the VS project file (that's maintained by Brett
Calcott as described here:
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html#VisualStudio), but
I promise you that combination worked with bjam when we shipped Boost
1.31.0

Are you sure you get the same errors in either case?

Are you certain that it's actually using vc7.1 and not some earlier
version of vc++ (you can check by adding -d+2 to the start of the
bjam command-line to see the build commands).

What bjam command-line/environment settings are you using?

http://www.boost-consulting.com