[C++-sig] Re: boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Rene Rivera grafik.list at redshift-software.com
Thu Oct 30 01:25:52 CET 2003

[2003-10-29] David Abrahams wrote:

>Sean Spicer <saspicer at mac.com> writes:
>
>> Well nuts...looks like I get the same error - I'm not too familiar
>> with bjam, and in searching for the origination of the error I can't
>> really find much other than the following lines in the Jamfile:
>>
>> bpl-test crossmod_exception
>>    : crossmod_exception.py crossmod_exception_a.cpp
>>    crossmod_exception_b.cpp
>>    ;
>>
>> which, I must confess, I don't quite understand.
>>
>> The error sounds quite simple though, it's looks like it's just a
>> conflict between the <warnings> setting (on v. off)
>>
>> Perhaps I'm missing something though ? I'll keep digging...
>
>I don't know why Rene added the <warnings>off requirement for OSX, but
>you can deal with this by adding it to the BUILD request:
>
>    bjam ... "-sBUILD=<warnings>off"
>
>for example.

I'm not sure why I added it either ;-) All I can think of now is that once
upon a time the build was getting so many warnings that it would fail.

I'll go remove that requirement as soon as I get a chance.

PS. It's good to hear that things are improving in the MacOSX world... It
gives me hope that I'll be able to port my software :-)

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq