[C++-sig] New indexing suite available on indexing_v2 branch

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 23:25:49 CEST 2003

--- Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> AFAIK, this code has only been testing on MinGW g++ 3.3.1 so please
> report any results on other platforms ASAP.

The new files (slice.cpp and python_iterator.cpp) compile fine with EDG 245 and
EDG 300. That's a very good sign because these front ends are very strict.
However, compilation of testlinear.cpp and testnonlinear.cpp fails with a long
list of errors. To clear up some of them I made a couple of trivial changes to
IntWrapper.hpp (already in CVS). The remaining errors from compiling
testlinear.cpp with the Tru64 cxx compiler (EDG 245 front end) are here:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/tmp/testlinear_errors_tru64_cxx

I'd be happy to give you access to our machines if you think this could be
useful for fixing the portability problems. We have all the platforms
advertised at http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/ plus Intel C++ 7.1 under Linux
(EDG 300).

BTW: Don't feel bad about the many errors. It is completely normal when you try
a new platform for the first time, and I've seen worse. Over the last couple of
years I've spent months worth of my time making sure Boost.Python works on so
many platforms. But I am confident it will not take that long this time.

Ralf