[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 03:23:56 CET 2003

--- Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
> -F will alter the search path for frameworks, just like -L for libraries
> The normal search path is something like:
> 	~/Library/Frameworks
> 	/Library/Frameworks
> 	/Network/Library/Frameworks
> 	/System/Library/Frameworks
>
> On Panther, you want it to find Python.framework in
> /System/Library/Frameworks, so don't install another Python anywhere
> else if you're on Panther.

Oh, if it's that then maybe this is useful:

I noticed that the Python installation involves commands like:

gcc -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python
build/temp.darwin-6.8-Power_Macintosh-2.3/_TEmodule.o -L/usr/local/lib -o
build/lib.darwin-6.8-Power_Macintosh-2.3/_TE.so -framework Carbon

Note the "-Wl,-F"

Ralf