[C++-sig] compiling test/embedding.cpp

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 11 20:57:31 CEST 2003

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> If you post a complete list of libraries required I am sure Rene will update
> the IRIX toolset. (E.g. you could post the complete link line that you used.)

ok. The error is that tools/python.jam: line 64
should *not* contain 'util' (for IRIX, that is, in linux it's fine), but
instead 'm pthread'

>>The missing symbol
>>
>>boost::python::converter::shared_ptr_deleter::__dt(void)
>>
>>is reported at runtime, i.e. when I try to execute 'embedding'.
>

> A quick find/grep in the Boost.Python sources (current CVS) suggests that
> ~shared_ptr_deleter(); is declared but not defined. David, what's the best way
> to resolve this? -- I guess as a quick fix Stefan could edit
> ./converter/shared_ptr_deleter.hpp and replace a semicolon by {}:
>
>    ~shared_ptr_deleter() {}

did that, and it works now, however it fails a bit later. Here is the
output of 'embedding':

bash-2.05a$ bin/embedding.test/mipspro/debug/embedding
Hello from C++!
TypeError: No registered converter was able to extract a C++ reference
to type Base from this Python object of type PythonDerived

Thanks a lot !

Stefan