[C++-sig] std::vector

Scott A. Smith ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu
Sat Oct 5 15:04:57 CEST 2002

Hi Ralf,

> (RK) Boost.Python Version 2 is part of boost 1.29.0 . Our use of "V2" does
not
> correspond to a package V2, it is just a subset of the upcoming boost
1.29.0
> release.

> (RK) You have to start bjam in libs/python/test to get the V2 build.

> (DA) Well, you can do it in libs/python if all you want is the library and
none
> of the tests.

Right, David had already told me about the versioning but I forgot. I
downloaded the
RC_1_29_0 branch and it compiled fine from libs/python to produce a bpl.dll.
I think David also told me that name alone (vs. boost_python.dll) indicates
V2?
I assume compiling from libs/python/test would do the same (but also compile
the
test sources therein).

I guess it will be a while before I get to try out std::vector because none
of my
currently used BP headers are working with V2 (e.g.
boost/python/reference.hpp,
boost/python/class_builder.hpp). Since they seem to be completely gone & I
cannot
find any documentation about which are used when, I guess that leaves going
through
the codes in libs/python/test to determine how things work? Probably a good
idea
in general anyway. Not that I am complaining, I know this is in flux. But is
that
what I should be doing or is there some other means available for finding
such
things out, akin to the examples stemming off of the current Boost.Python
WWW page
perhaps? After a glance through some files in /test it looks as things are
now
radically different & I have a lot of work ahead of me just to switch to
V2......

Thanks,
Scott