[C++-sig] std::vector

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 17:54:43 CEST 2002

--- "Scott A. Smith" <ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu> wrote:
> I would be glad to try and get/build both 1.29.0 and 2.0. After looking
> over the last 4 months of these messages, at Source Forge, and at Yahoo I
> still
> don't know the simple means to do this.
> But what are the commands to get only RC_1_29_0 or 2.0 or develop?
> What does RC stand for?

RC_1_29_0 stands for "Release Candidate for 1.29.0" .
Boost.Python Version 2 is part of boost 1.29.0 . Our use of "V2" does not
correspond to a package V2, it is just a subset of the upcoming boost 1.29.0
release.

> Do you (locally) keep these in different directories?

I have indeed one "CVS working copy" of the CVS trunk, and another copy of the
RC_1_29_0 branch. For people who do not wish to endure the pains of being at
the forefront of the development, right now working with the RC_1_29_0 branch
might be the best approach.

> Is is better or just as easy to just copy things from a browser from Source
> Forge?

I don't think so. Can you check out entire directory hierarchies through the
browser?
To check out the release candidate branch:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost co -r
RC_1_29_0 boost

> I'll give vectors & lists a go today if I can get a version of Boost.Python
> that can handle the stuff you wrote about earlier.

Right now both the main trunk and the RC branch appear to be in perfect shape
for Boost.Python compilation. But I'd recommend using the branch, and then the
next release as soon as it becomes available.

Ralf