[C++-sig] Where to start...

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Thu May 9 23:56:19 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net>

> Ok, sorry for being dense. I'll read some more doc and see if that
inspires
> me.
>
> Firstly, I am using VC6sp5.
>
> I don't recall your having mentioned boost/mpl; what is it?

Uh, it looks like the message didn't get posted yet.
MPL is the pre-release Boost MetaProgramming Library.

> "mpl-development" is not one of the -r tags listed by WinCVS for boost (I
> assume that WinCVS gets the list of tags out of CVS). The listed tags are
> HEAD, "branch-release-1-0", 1.6.2.4, and 1.1. Usually, I just click on
> "update" without selecting any -r tag at all.

Don't listen to WinCVS, then. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. You
may need to learn to use command-line cvs in order to get this. From the
boost root directory:

    cvs update -rmpl-development boost/mpl

-Dave