[Conferences-discuss] Python11 at OSCON2003

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:18:56 -0400

I've been approached by Gina Blaber of O'Reilly about having the next
Python conference at OSCON next year.  I'm all for it, and the PSF
board agrees.  I thought I'd give you all one more chance to discuss
the pros and cons -- but basically, unless someone brings up a major
problem, I'm going to tell her "yes, let's have Python11 at OSCON
2003, please."

I will act once more as the conference chair; I'll be looking for
volunteers amongst the PSF membership and the Python community at
large for other conference positions (referees, track chairs, etc.).

David Ascher has volunteered to be conference chair for a YAPC-style
conference (*perhaps* in January at George Washington University in
downtown Washington, DC).  We're still waiting for Adam Turoff (ziggy)
to return his mail; I expect David will post here once he's got more
news.