[Conferences-discuss] Crackle, crackle, "hello"...

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:55:20 -0500

[Steve Holden]
> It was certainly a surprise to me that only 250 or so (my own estimate)
> people turned up to Python 10, but older hands seemed to feel that this
> number is "typical".

If it will help draw people, I'll volunteer to attend the next conference.
I'm told the old homeless bum Foretec keeps hiring to play me is driving
people away.

> I suppose post-Sep11 there is some reason for it, but I would have
> expected Python to be experiencing almost explosive growth in its user
> base right now, and for this to be reflected in conference attendance.
> If not, boy, have I just wasted a year.

One old man around here blaming his wasted life on Python is quite enough,
thank you.

but-admiring-the-bad-taste-in-combining-"Sep11"-with-"explosive"<wink>-ly
    y'rs  - tim