[Chicago] Requests update

Randy Baxley randy7771026 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:02:05 EDT 2016

Love it Adam.  Even though I got a flavor of wtf from Robare I sort of love
what he had to say about the curve Brian is working with.  I made a lot of
people a lot of money in commodities with charting as the visual that
really only connected in my wooly brain to the neural networks we were
using to predict commodity markets.  I predict not only 3rd gen but forth
gen products are coming for Python.  You want to nail me down to when?
Well that will be even more fun because now you have to throw in the
question of what is the currency for Open Source development.  The picture
to me is not the masses of folks committing to GitHub but there is an
intersection there.  It is a relative small Aramco type operation that
builds up people like Beazley and can also support a wild hair such as
myself sort of like the original teams IBM hired in the 60s and 70s to
support the moon shot.  So a moon shot type project would really squeeze
the period of the next curve to peak and could be three years.  Without a
moon shot project and with the current 3000 people duplicating efforts it
will be 20 years.  I love that Brian is thinking about this and that he has
built up so many people.  One of the the things that govs and corps do is
support uni chairs and put their people in those chairs.  That will also be
one of the vectors.  Unis will change though and some MOOC platform will
drive that.  Not without warm touches though.  Thought of our two Brians
and Derek inserted here.  Hope folks have fun and get productive ideas at
DePy.  Great Talking to y'all.  I leave you with a fun warm touch from last
week that has a Houston and Chicago component.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edU1-4MtEbg