[Chicago] Requests update

Adam Forsyth adam at adamforsyth.net
Sat Apr 30 01:13:10 EDT 2016

Thanks Chris!

For those of you who may not remember, or who missed my talk, one of the
problems I ran into was that requests doesn't consider Google App Engine a
supported platform. The GAE standard library isn't 100% compatible with the
... well, the standard standard library.

requests 2.10.0, which was just released, allows an external library called
requests-toolbelt <https://toolbelt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> to provide an
adapter adding GAE support
<https://toolbelt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/adapters.html#appengineadapter>.
Now, in order to make the Braintree library (which depends on requests)
work on GAE, you can add these lines to your app before you import the
Braintree library:

import requestsfrom requests_toolbelt.adapters import appengine
appengine.monkeypatch()

And it will "just work".

Adam