[Chicago] pandas' statsmodels vs sklearn -- opinions?

Kevin Goetsch goetscher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:59:15 CET 2015

Hi Tanya,

At Braintree we use sklearn and Pandas. There's a few custom classes we had
to write to get pipelines to work but overall statsmodels just doesn't
offer the same depth of machine learning techniques. It does display it's
results in a much nicer form however.

I'd recommend sklearn and pandas but I doubt there will ever be agreement
across the board.

Cheers,

Kevin