[Chicago] pandas' statsmodels vs sklearn -- opinions?

Tanya Schlusser tanya at tickel.net
Wed Mar 25 20:12:14 CET 2015

Hi, all of the internet discussions on statsmodels vs sklearn are from 2013
or before. Is there a universally preferred way?

For my part, pandas is kind of a heavy package and I spent a lot of my
first few years in Python writing statistical models from scratch for
clients who didn't want to install anything more than numpy -- so I'm
partial to sklearn, but right now I want to conform to popular convention.

Thanks!