[Chicago] Fun in learning ML

Tanya Schlusser tanya at tickel.net
Tue Feb 3 01:06:56 CET 2015

The numpy install is broken. I have had something similar happen on a
Solaris system when the easy_install of Pandas sort of worked with
warnings/errors but Numpy -- we didn't have the right C compiler and
libraries. It is really a pain to compile yourself, but for almost all
operating systems now there are packages available and you don't have to
compile:

What if you try to reinstall all of the scikit tools? Here is the page that
says how to do that for most of the common packages:

http://www.scipy.org/install.html

And then after that you can

sudo easy_install pandas

and hopefully things work better...