[Chicago] Brett Cannon Explanation of Python 3's Existence -- Stimulated from Q&A at PuPPy

Don Sheu dinaldo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:02:23 EST 2015

December's meeting really was PuPPy's best meeting ever. A big part of it
was Brian Ray making a visit.

Please ChiPy members, open door for any of you visiting.

Wanted to share this from Brett Cannon. It was a lot of fun watching Brett
Cannon and Larry Hastings do a back-and-forth during a Q&A.

Intro paragraph of Brett Cannon's blog post:

"This month I held a Q&A at PuPPy (the Puget Sound Python users group) that
eventually led to me explaining why Python 3 came into existence and the
whole string/bytes deal. I ended up receiving a compliment on the
explanation which somewhat surprised me since I naively assumed people knew
at this point why Python 3 was created.

http://www.snarky.ca/why-python-3-exists

--
Don Sheu
312.880.9389

RSVP for my Python user group, meeting 1/13/2016 Zillow
*http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/227337808/
<http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/227337808/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*
ᐧ