[Chicago] Question about Machine Language.

Joshua Herman zitterbewegung at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:34:29 EST 2015

Many high frequency traders will go from a prototype in python / R / matlab
and then tell someone to code it in assembler and or machine code and do
hand optimization. There are people that code in machine code when you want
really high performant systems that you can't waste a clock cycle. Also
embedded development can use machine code. Also its very useful to
bootstrap operating systems in fact there is a way to code inline assembly
in C and also you can code inline assembler for x86-64 with this project.
https://github.com/Maratyszcza/PeachPy The main reason people don't code in
assembler is usability. The whole point of programming languages are an
attempt to make creating software easier or faster for the developer.