[Chicago] Meet the micro:bit - hands on sneak preview Dec 3

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:47:53 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

I will be talking about the micro:bit at next Thursday's meeting. But if
you can't wait... are free tomorrow (Thursday) evening... and are really
interested in education, tiny devices, or some combination of the two... I
also have a last minute opportunity for tomorrow, Thursday, Dec 3.

Thanks to the hospitality of Talener Chicago (200 North LaSalle Boulevard
#1920, Chicago, IL 60606) I'll be giving a special sneak preview and a
chance to play hands on with Mary the micro:bit and discuss how the device
might be used for education.

This will be a seat of the pants demo and a relatively unstructured chance
for me to refine my Chipy talk and for a few people to get a more up close
view. It's almost certain I won't have a clue what I'm doing and you can
use that to your advantage. ;-) And if you have any little bits and pieces
you've used for RaspPi or arduino hacking, feel free to bring them along,
within reason (but no guarantees) we might be able to try them out.

To enable hands on involvement, places are limited to 20. Free tickets are
available via Eventbrite at this link -
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-mary-the-microbit-hands-on-session-tickets-19816269997
There should also be pizza provided.

While this is limited, don't hesitate to pass this along to anyone who
might be genuinely interested.

Again, sorry for the late notice, but if you're into cute little devices,
education, and Python, I think it will be worth a sudden change of plan.

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Naomi

--
Naomi Ceder