[Chicago] pandas/pydata workshop/sprint proposal

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Jan 3 19:30:02 CET 2013

This workshop that happened recently in nyc looks like fun and I'd
like to participate in something like that.

https://openhatch.org/blog/2012/pandas-pydata-workshop-in-nyc/

If no one steps up to run one for me to participate in, it is
something I could try to organize but I'll need to bug people for
there to be some ratio of volunteers to attendees. We also would need
to apply for a psf grant if we need to fly anyone out to run it like
the nyc group did unless there is someone who can fill the roles of
Asheesh and Chang She did. I know some of you have enough knowledge to
demo pandas and walk through it (I've done some log scrapping to get
data in to a form such that I could use pandas on it) but what I want
is someone(s) with the knowledge + teaching ability + sprint leader
ability + time. Maybe a half or full day with some prep time at a
python office hours ahead of the workshop.

--
sheila