[Chicago] trying to find old post on wrist therapy for RSI

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Feb 28 16:01:37 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Daniel Peters <danieltpeters at gmail.com> wrote:
> if anyone could dredge it up.....?  Or simply re-comment? I tried searching
> through my archive but can't seem to find it......

this came up in another mailing list recently, and here's a recap of
the discussion re books, hardware, software, and an upcoming talk at
pycon where you could possibly get advice on using voice for coding

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Carpal-Tunnel-Syndrome-Professionals/dp/0965510999/
http://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Carpal-Syndrome-Repetitive-Injuries/dp/1572240393
http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-Therapy-Workbook-Self-Treatment/dp/1572243759

http://www.workrave.org/
http://tech.inhelsinki.nl/antirsi/

hardware
http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/advantage.htm
http://www.datahand.com/
http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/product/156?crid=8

dictation stuff
http://www.nuance.com/for-individuals/by-product/dragon-for-mac/dragon-dictate/index.htm

Using Python to Code by Voice
@tavisrudd kk
https://us.pycon.org/2013/schedule/presentation/43/

[...] Two years ago I developed a case of Emacs Pinkie (RSI) so severe
my hands went numb and I could no longer type or work. Desperate, I
tried voice recognition. At first programming with it was painfully
slow but, as I couldn’t type, I persevered. After several months of
vocab tweaking and duct-tape coding in Python and Emacs Lisp, I had a
system that enabled me to code faster and more efficiently by voice
than I ever had by hand. [...]

--
sheila