[Chicago] Web test tools

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Wed Nov 7 18:27:56 CET 2012

I need to put together a simple test regime for a series of web apps.
I figure there'd be no shortage of excellent insight here!

Honestly, the best way to describe the requirements would be curl +
regex validation :)

I want to hit a URL, probably a simple GET. Then validate that it's
200. Then apply pattern matching to the response body. Fail if
anything isn't as expected.

Performance isn't an issue, but the ability to run the tests in
parallel might be a nice to have.

This is all command line based. I'm not running it through a browser
and there's no need to execute JavaScript anywhere for any reason.

I've pretty much just talked myself into curl + grep, but any other
thoughts/suggestions?

Garrett