[Chicago] Researchers work on smart city search engine

Joshua Herman zitterbewegung at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:34:15 CEST 2012

Capable? I believe facial recognition systems are capable of recording bio
metric data.
If you had really high resolution cameras (maybe 4k cameras) then you MIGHT
be able to get a iris scan of of people passing by.
You could have DNA samples automatically taken and sent somewhere but the
problem would be processing the volume of DNA.
One way you could solve this is through aggregation.
Fingerprints would be interesting to store, hard to map back to people and
demographics would be useless.

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012, Daniel Peters wrote:

> Cool find!
>
> cordis link:
> http://cordis.europa.eu/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=proj.document&PJ_RCN=12437221
>
> wonder whats going to happen when those sensor systems are capable of
> recording biometric data.......
>
> "SMART, how many people less than six feet tall who appear out of breath
> are in trafalgar square....? Do they have luggage? "
>

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Pallavi Anderson <pkaushik at alum.mit.edu<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'pkaushik at alum.mit.edu');>
> > wrote:
>
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18408123
>>
>> (food for thought especially in light of tomorrow's meetup)

---Profile:---
http://www.google.com/profiles/zitterbewegung