[Chicago] jan video

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sun Jan 8 21:26:32 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Adam Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>
>> So the value of chipy videos is 0?
>>
>> I am hoping that's not what ya'll are saying, but that's all that has
>> been posted.
>

> How much is the value of the slides? Because someone can't come up with a
> number doesn't mean it's zero.

Slides out of context aren't that valuable. Particularly for chipy,
where the most valuable parts of the presentations aren't contained in
slides.

> Because the videos aren't sold, and chipy is free, it's very difficult to
> answer your question. Even an economics professor would have difficulty
> doing so.

I think an economics prof could come up with something pretty easily
by considering the time, labor, and cost of materials used. We could
probably come up with a guestimate for opportunity cost.

> Also, a smart-ass reply. Q: How much are they worth? A: Exactly what people
> will pay.

Carl and I are paying to record everything. I am less motivated than he is.

--
sheila