[Chicago] New Python position - Chicago

Velazquez, Gabriel J. gvelazqu at teksystems.com
Wed Feb 22 21:39:59 CET 2012

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this email.  A client of TEKsystems, a leader in the financial services industry, is seeking a Python Developer for a long term (1 year+) contract in downtown Chicago.  I was hoping to network with some of the members of ChiPy to find someone to fill this opening.  This is a great opportunity to work on a mission critical, high profile project within the investment banking industry.  We have a good rate range, depending on years of experience and experience level.  Please contact me for more information or if you have any questions.

Client: Large financial services / investment banking
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 1 year+
Role: Python Developer

Our is building a platform to comply with new regulatory rules for real-time data processing and publishing. This project will develop a high volume platform to consume and process all trading events across all Swap asset classes across multiple lines of business. The deliverables include real-time rules engines, real-time processing engines, real-time dashboards, and scheduled end of day reporting processes built on our cross-asset strategic trading and processing platform.  The candidate will be a mid level developer responsible for contributing to all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, development, QA, UAT, and tier-2 production support. Candidate will interact with architects, business analysts, and developers.

Required Technical Skills:

*         3+ years Object Oriented Programming experience

*         2+ years Python programming

*         2+ years XML experience

*         Experience with NoSQL databases a plus

*         Experience with SQL databases

*         Working knowledge of Unix/Linux

*         Agile development life-cycle experience

Peripheral Skills:

*         Financial experience a plus

*         Knowledge of derivative products a plus

Personal Skills:

*         Structured & logical thinking

*         Problem solving

*         Results oriented

*         Client focus

*         Independent, self-motivated

*         Strong communication (written & verbal)

Thanks,

Gabe Velazquez
Sr. IT Recruiter - Financial Services Vertical
111 N. Canal St. Suite 105, Chicago, IL 60606
T 312.879.7762
F 312.879.1012
[cid:image001.gif at 01CCF16F.C4741EB0]<http://www.teksystems.com/>

 [cid:image004.png at 01CCF16F.DAA804D0] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/gabevelazquez>

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.