[Chicago] finding python programmers

Jeffery Smith jeff at allthingsdork.com
Thu Aug 30 20:43:17 CEST 2012

Thanks Lance and Brian. I know there's no such thing as a single answer, but your perspectives help greatly. I'm always hesitant about developer positions, even when recruiters initiate contact. I quite honestly have no idea what its like in the "real world" for a developer on a day-to-day basis. I see friends/associates landing these roles that I personally feel they're not qualified for. I personally never want to be in a position where expectations are higher than what I'm capable of day 1.

I feel like I'm a top prospect, but most employers are looking for a young ace. =)

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Jeffery Smith