[Chicago] finding python programmers

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 22:25:32 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to have howtos to
>> point them to. like, how to make your company a place where people
>> want to work.
>
> I'm not sure that most companies care what random non-employees think
> about how they run their business.
>
> For example: Last time I tried to post a job here, I got all kinds of
> bullshit about how free breakfast isn't a real perk, and that we
> should offer real perks like selling our 4 floors of office space and
> instead do telecommuting. That response went straight in the garbage.

I am sorry about that.

I was thinking more along the lines of things like comp time and PTO.

I worked once at a place that gave no comp time and the ceo/founder
kept a tally of time employees came in after 8:45. One guy was working
60+ hours a week, but he would take a later train some times (work til
11pm, ugh). The ceo/founder docked the guys PTO. if a company offers 0
comp time and that there was a hard deadline for getting in to the
office at 8:45 or you have it taken out of your PTO and if that
company were to have trouble recruiting people, then maybe they should
care what non-employees think. This is a crazy example.

--
sheila