[Chicago] Python 3.2

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Wed Feb 23 03:00:14 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 04:43:17PM -0600, Brian Ray wrote:
>  http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.2.html

I haven't looked into the details of the 384 stable extension ABI, but
it and several of the other additions that all align in the direction
of admitting that there's not Just One Version are all good steps.
Pity they're so late in arriving, and only in 3.someday - these things
have been problems since forever, or 1.5 anyway (when I first started
to rely on Python).

Speaking of 3.eventually, am I the only one who thinks this sounds like
a hell of a lot of work - especially if you're looking at trying to
keep the bifurcation going for a while?

http://initd.org/psycopg/articles/2011/01/24/psycopg2-porting-python-3-report/

In other news, Alex is proposing to have Django ported to Py3 as a SoC
project.  I wish him luck with that.

--
vi is a microcosm of the Unix world.  Don't expect
to learn all of it at once; perhaps you shouldn't expect