[Chicago] Job opening at NU (Evanston campus)

Matthew Rich m-rich at northwestern.edu
Tue Apr 27 17:54:48 CEST 2010

Hi Python People,

I'm a django developer and sometime linux and mac admin at the School of
Education and Social Policy <http://www.sesp.northwestern.edu/> at
Northwestern University (and I may have met some of you at the ChiPy
meetings I've attended over the last few months, although I've been a little
shy).

We have an opening for a "Senior Systems
Analyst/Programmer<http://jobs.37signals.com/jobs/6675>"
at a center affiliated with my school, and we're a small, tight IT staff so
this is a person I'll be working with closely and I'd LOVE to have a python
person in this job. If you click through to the job description you'll see
that Python isn't specifically mentioned, as there's an existing Filemaker &
PHP infrastructure which will need to be maintained in the short/medium
term. So but we're looking for a candidate to move us to a more sane, better
architected system and although we're not tied to any particular technology,
I just happen to have fallen in love with Python and I'm hoping to find
another person who can build web (and possibly desktop?) apps using it.

I'm planning to attend the May 13th meeting if anybody wants to talk to me
about the position then, and/or please follow up with me directly if you're
interested. Thanks!

Cheers,
Matthew

--