[Chicago] Want to work for Imaginary Landscape?

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at dustycloud.org
Thu Sep 25 23:15:45 CEST 2008

-- (A more formal version of the job posting I made earlier follows:) --

Small fast-growing Web development firm in Chicago is seeking an
experienced Python/Django Programmer to join our development team in
constructing highly usable, professional Web sites and applications.

A good candidate must have:

    * Extensive experience programming with python
    * Extensive experience with SQL
    * Experience on the command line in a Linux (or other Unix-like) OS
    * Have familiarity with one or more web frameworks, such as Django
      Paste/Pylons, Turbogears, or Ruby on Rails.  Django experience
      preferred.

An ideal candidate will also have experience with:

    * Zope Page Templates and Zope (for legacy purposes).
    * Familiarity with web technologies (Apache, DNS, etc.)
    * Knowledge of Paste to maintain existing applications
    * Experience with unit testing

Primary Responsibilities:

  Work with Production Dept. Team to program custom online applications,
  and maintain existing custom applications and product line.

Company background:

  Founded in 1995, Imaginary Landscape is an award-winning web developer
  with a diverse portfolio of clients.  We have built an incredible team
  of knowledgable, experienced and approachable professionals who
  develop long-term relationships with clients.  We combine salary with
  company profit-sharing and 100% company-paid health insurance to
  attract and retain the very brightest who are looking to make a
  difference.  We have deep Python-based roots.  We encourage open
  source projects and support your involvement in the open source
  community, and have hosted a number of ChiPy meetings at our offices.

  You can respond with your cover letter and resume (as PDF, MS Word,
  OpenDocument, HTML or just plain text) to employment at imagescape.com