[Chicago] MeetUp

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jun 27 21:54:14 CEST 2008

Ian Bicking wrote:
> IMHO, the primary benefit of Meetup is that it pesters people at
> appropriate times to finalize the plans for the next meeting.  It
> doesn't otherwise seem that compelling, but the pestering would be very
> useful.  OTOH, any one reliable person could take up the mantle of Lead
> Pesterer -- you wouldn't have to make decisions or even go to meetings,
> you'd simply be responsible for making us go through the process.
>
> Such as: where will we meet in July?  Anybody interested in presenting?

I nominate myself at that guy for a while, either until it is obvious that I am
not doing squat (like if I move to WA), or there is a chicken coup and I am
overthrown.  I'll work with BR the PR guy to decimate my ruling to the masses.

Here is my plank:  I'll pick from the many offers we have for venues, which
normally is a total of one.  In the event that there are none, we meet at Hyatt
in Rosemont, which is in the burbs, so someone better come up with something for
July 10 in the next few days.

If HostedLABS is on schedule, they are first on the list for Aug 14.

vote early and vote often.

Carl K