[Chicago] MeetUp

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Jun 26 19:45:12 CEST 2008

IMHO, the primary benefit of Meetup is that it pesters people at
appropriate times to finalize the plans for the next meeting.  It
doesn't otherwise seem that compelling, but the pestering would be very
useful.  OTOH, any one reliable person could take up the mantle of Lead
Pesterer -- you wouldn't have to make decisions or even go to meetings,
you'd simply be responsible for making us go through the process.

Such as: where will we meet in July?  Anybody interested in presenting?

Another option: we settle on a smaller number of reliable venues, and
schedule them further in advance.  The presentations usually work
themselves out pretty easily.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org