[Chicago] Ideas for Pycon

Rob Kapteyn robkapteyn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:00:47 CET 2008

In the bar after the ChiPy meeting, some of us stumbled upon some
ideas for PyCon activities.

Normally, St. Patrick's Day is on March 17, but we discovered that for
2008, St. Patrick's Day is officially moved to Saturday, March 15 --
during PyCon !

1. Since St. Patrick is reputed to have driven the snakes out of
Ireland -- we have a great party theme ;-)
2. Any brave volunteers want to dress up as St. Patrick and his
entourage ?
3. We know that Chicago is one of the world's greatest places to
celebrate this holiday -- is there there a place near the hotel that
we should recommend ?

We should be careful not to go overboard.
We don't want to offend anyone and we want to maintain a *somewhat*
professional image for the conference.

Unfortunately, the dyeing of the Chicago River and the parade conflict
with the conference schedule, but it is something that spouses would
be interested in:
http://www.saintpatricksdayparade.com/chicago/

-Rob