[Chicago] MPI in Python?

Mike Steder steder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:46:53 CET 2008

MPI means "Message Passing Interface" where you shouldn't have to worry
about the protocol used.  MPI will transparently use shared memory,
pthreads, some other ipc mechanism, or sockets based on the configuration
when you built the MPI library and/or what is the best supported mechanism
on your operating system.

~Mike