[Chicago] Google App engine is python powered

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 17:07:17 CEST 2008

This is excellent news indeed. Unfortunately, I was not among the
first 10,000 people to sign up, so I can't try it out. If anyone who
reads this list is part of the beta, could they give a talk about
their experiences sometime?

Also, it appears that Google App Engine is designed to be language
neutral, and that other languages will also be supported. Here's a
link to an article that embeds Guido's segment of the presentation:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/07/google-jumps-head-first-into-web-services-with-google-app-engine/

Unfortunately, the audio is pretty bad and I can't make out
everything he says.