[Chicago] dropping the ball and all

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Jan 2 16:45:47 CET 2007

Ted Pollari wrote:
> Hey there Chipy peoples,
>
> So, due to the creeping death and a whole bunch of work related
> whatever and...um, a flood, the black plague, avian flu, a stampede,
> aliens, and other highly creative excuses, I completely dropped the
> ball on getting anything done for the pycon bid.  I aim to change
> that real quick and will have the promised venue requirement info
> sheet posted as soon as I can spare a few minutes, which will
> probably be this evening.
>
> -ted

On the subject, I talked to a friend who works for a convention services
company.  for what we are doing, it will be worth the effort to talk face to
face with whoever it is we are getting rates from.  I will be talking to a guy
who has done many of these negotiations about PyCon as soon as I get some
numbers I can run by him to get some tips for how to wheel and deal.

So far I have 600 attendees and $150 reg fee.  which may be all there is.
hoping to hear how many/how much $ can be committed to by whoever it is that
will be committing.

Carl K