[Chicago] xkcd on Python

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Sat Dec 15 23:46:28 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 9:23 AM, Martin Maney wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:48:15PM -0600, Atul Varma wrote:
>>>
>>> He must have meant O(n log n) for QuickSort right? What was his
>>> answer?
>>
>> He tactfully evaded the question.
>
> The actual expression in the cartoon was O(n log(log n)).  Just sayin'

Yeah probably heap sort? I have seen it written in O(n log log n),
also. But like most of this stuff you need TeX to even typeset
correctly.

I am sure Google hope's I share the video:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJOS0sV2a24>

He has a candid and interesting demeanor. His online repertoire is
certainly nerdy and funny--often times in a tongue in cheek, inside
joke sort of way. I did not read regularly or even take note until
about a dozen people sent me the anti-gravity comic the other day. I
noticed the PyCon organizer list is taking note, also.

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog