[Chicago] xkcd on Python

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Dec 11 16:23:58 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:48:15PM -0600, Atul Varma wrote:
>  On Dec 10, 2007 11:02 AM, <bray at sent.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:43:29 -0600, "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" said:
> > > Donald Knuth came and asked "What's the name of my O(log log n) search
> > > algorithm?"
> >
> > He must have meant O(n log n) for QuickSort right? What was his answer?
>
> He tactfully evaded the question.

The actual expression in the cartoon was O(n log(log n)).  Just sayin'

> One of my favorite quotes from the session was when he said "if Python is
> executable pseudocode, then Perl is executable line noise."

Perl has been executable line noise since the beginning, so this is
trvially true.  :-)

--
...that obsessive conviction, so common among authors and composers,
that all similarities between their works and any others which appear