[Chicago] Fwd: UG News--Good. Fast. Cheap. O'Reilly LaunchesPDF Guides

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Wed May 31 18:33:51 CEST 2006

On 5/31/06, Robare, Phil <PRobare at chx.com> wrote:
> That's about 20 cents a page for a PDF.  Compare to their dead tree
> editions, typically around 10 cents a page (480 pages and $48.00).

Personally, the $10 / 50page / PDF thing is more attractive to me than
a 480 page $48 book.  There's a lot of topics that deserve paper books
(duh), but there's even more than can be covered adequately in the 50
page format.  As for the price per page, the last few $35 and up books
I've bought have had about 50 useful pages.  I'd rather pay a higher
per page price for more focused content than lower the price per page
for a bunch of crappy filler.  Quality...quantity....know what I mean?

Chris