[Chicago] Tradeoffs (was: Acceptable transit times?)

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 17:53:40 CET 2006

I  disagree with Sheila here. There are a lot of budget hotels and motels
here and there inside Chicago proper, quite a few on train lines and many on
bus lines. A person on a tight budget with a car should be indifferent at
least and a person on a tight budget without a car would probably be much
happier in town.

Chicago itself should be part of our pitch. Evanston maybe, but even that is
not going to be as much of a draw. I think I would not be alone in being
disappointed to see it at O'Hare or in the burbs. Few people will see the
announcement and gather round the family and say "Hey gang! This the
opportunity we've always wanted to see Naperville!" the way many people
would about Chicago.

mt

You'll probably end up with people who can't or don't want to afford