[CentralOH] Reminder: Central Ohio Python Users Group Meeting Monday

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Tue Sep 22 22:19:00 CEST 2009

All,

The date of the inaugural Central Ohio Python User's Group meeting is
this Monday, September 28, at 6:30pm!  If you haven't already, head to
the Meetup group and RSVP:

http://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/calendar/11111542/

At the meeting, Jon Miller will present "Introduction to Hadoop --
Driven by Python". This talk will be an overview of what Hadoop is,
what it is good for and how you can drive your Map/Reduce jobs via
Python. Map/Reduce is a powerful algorithm for distributed computing
that was pioneered by Google.

In addition to Jon, we will also have time for lightning talks and a
group programming/problem-solving session. There is wifi at
TechColumbus, so bring your laptops.

Pop and snacks will be provided by Intellovations.

See you there!
Eric

P.S. Our October meeting has also been scheduled for Monday, October
26, where James Bonanno of Atlantix Engineering will be talking about
"Electronic Design Automation with Python".  More details will
follow...