[Catalog-sig] Wheel format now supported

Donald Stufft donald.stufft at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:21:19 CEST 2012

Pretty sure it will require patching pip, but I believe it'll be added into pip proper in the future.

As for windows users I believe they need to use easy_install not because pip doesn't work
and easy_install does, but because pip doesn't support any binary formats and getting
a compiler setup on Windows is a pain. Wheels should make pip more viable on windows.