[Catalog-sig] Please turn off ratings

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 6 02:33:15 CEST 2011

> This entire process leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. I hope you'll
> seriously consider what sort of message this governance model sends to
> the community. It leaves me absolutely unsure that PyPI represents my
> needs as a Python user.

What IMO made this discussion unsuccessful is that you seem to be
unwilling to compromise. I can accept that the specific implementation
is ill-designed, and I'm willing to change it, and have offered a number
of alternatives - all of which you have ignored.

Apparently, you cannot accept anything else but the total removal of
the feature, which I honestly think doesn't reflect the needs of the
majority of the Python users.