[Catalog-sig] egg_info in PyPI

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Sep 20 21:26:31 CEST 2010

> IMHO, most of this has been resolved by means of the XML-RPC
> interface via the .release_data() method:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPiXmlRpc
>
> If there's something missing, we should add it there.

Very clearly, most of egg-info is missing there. However, I
sense that people are very opposed to adding it there.

I merely asked whether it was ok to expose the egg-info
data at all, and was met with strong opposition - nobody
actually asked what specific API to expose them I had in
mind.

> Additionally, it would make sense to have this data around
> as static file for the PyPI mirrors to pick up.

That's how I would have implemented it. Alas, this very
idea was just shot down.