[Catalog-sig] Unsubscribing from comments.

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Nov 7 14:48:33 CET 2009

On 10:00 am, chris at simplistix.co.uk wrote:
>Hi,
>
>This notification contains no instructions as to how to unsubscribe
>from receiving notifications.
>
>My guess would be that you currently have to delete your comment before
>you'll stop getting mail, but really, all that should happen is there
>should be a link in the email to say "stop spamming me", without having
>to go delete your comment.
>
>What do other people think?

There should definitely be some way to tell PyPI you don't want to be
mailed.  I'm surprised that it mails comments at all, I don't see any
indication of that on the comment form.  Perhaps adding a sentence there
will help set peoples' expectations (and you could have a checkbox there
as well asking whether people want to be emailed followups).

Jean-Paul