[Catalog-sig] PyPI optimization?

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:07:12 +0200

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:34:20AM +1000, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Friday 25 April 2003 10:53 am, Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:

> > Or maybe it's just that the webserver is very slow?! This doesn't see=
> > to be true for the rest of python.org in any case.
>=20
> Shouldn't be...

Well, the machine is a lot heavier loaded now than it was before PyPI was
really used; the load used to be ~0.05, it's now hovering around 0.8,
sometimes as high as 1.5. That isn't terribly high, though, as this is a
dual CPU machine, and Apache for one isn't slowed down by it. I believe i=
t's
PyPI doing heavy I/O, or perhaps some form of locking, as the python
processes aren't using that much CPU either.

--=20
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>

Hi! I'm a .signature virus! copy me into your .signature file to help me =
spread!