[Catalog-sig] PyPI optimization?

Richard Jones richardjones@optushome.com.au
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:34:20 +1000

--Boundary-02=_cCJq+r25aIydiuQ

On Friday 25 April 2003 10:53 am, Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:
> I just registered two project at PyPI and it was horribly slow for me.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there - I've not had a chance to really look=
=20
into optimisation.

> I also noticed it uses PySQLite :-) But only because I got a traceback
> from a locked database file approx. one out of three requests.

Yep, not sure why we're getting those locking problems. I am using the busy=
=20
handler, with a timeout of 30 seconds.

> If you need any help in optimizing the SQLite access and/or converting
> the system to a real multiuser database like PostgreSQL, I'd be willing
> to help. [1]

I welcome any help :)

It you're serious, then I'll add you to the pypi project on sourceforge.

> Or maybe it's just that the webserver is very slow?! This doesn't seem
> to be true for the rest of python.org in any case.

Shouldn't be...

   Richard