[Borgbackup] Data integrity error: Archive authentication did not verify

Bjoern Franke bjo at schafweide.org
Sun Sep 3 02:49:49 EDT 2023

Hi,

with a repo which ran a recreate some weeks ago I get

"security: repository checks ok, allowing access

Synchronizing chunks cache...

              Archives: 18, w/ cached Idx: 0, w/ outdated Idx: 0, w/o
cached Idx: 18.

Fetching and building archive index for home-2023-02-28T11:35:01.226774
              Archive authentication DISABLED.

RepositoryCache: current items 0, size 0 B / 982.22 MB, 0 hits, 1
misses, 0 slow misses (+0.0s), 0 evictions, 0 ENOSPC hit
RemoteRepository: 302 B bytes sent, 56.27 kB bytes received, 8 messages
sent

Data integrity error: Archive authentication did not verify"

I stumpled upon https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/discussions/7787, the
installed version is 1.2.6, but I think some archives also have been
created with 1.2.5.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Regards
Bjoern