[Borgbackup] borg adds same files every time

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sun Jan 10 20:02:29 EST 2021

> Even the files are not changing over time, borg adds every day those
> files as they are new.

IIRC, this is covered by an FAQ entry.

> Does anyone know, it's a bug from davfs+borg combination?

In general, borg expects a filesystem to work correctly.

There are some fs, that are not great in that respect, with local
filesystems usually being better than LAN-style remote filesystems being
better than cloud/WAN-style remote filesystems.

> Should I verify something else to make borg ignore unmodified files?

IIRC, the FAQ has a workaround and also some infos about how to debug
such issues in general.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393