[Borgbackup] borg adds same files every time

Catalin Bucur cata at geniusnet.ro
Sat Jan 9 04:30:08 EST 2021

Hello,

I have some files mounted with davfs(ro) in linux. These files are
archived every day with borg on some repository.
Even the files are not changing over time, borg adds every day those
files as they are new. In borg logs, some of the lines are with A in
front (for those files that are not modified) and some with M (those
which have been modified in the meantime).
With a large number of files, this becomes very annoying and time-consuming.

Does anyone know, it's a bug from davfs+borg combination? Because I
don't have the same situation with files mounted with samba or sshfs.
Should I verify something else to make borg ignore unmodified files?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

--
Catalin Bucur