[Borgbackup] Borg + tardigrade.io

Matthias Peter Walther MatthiasPeterW at aol.com
Fri May 8 18:20:17 EDT 2020

Hello fellow Borg-users,

I wonder if it would make sense to use borg backup with tardigrade.io.

Technically, it would work, I guess, as i can be S3-like mounted. But
their business modell charges for downloading data.

So I wonder how much data the Borg client would have to read back during
operations, as they charge 4,5 Cents for each GB read from their storage.

Let's say I have 100 Gb which change rarely, mostly just data appended.

- initial backup: probably 100 GB upload plus some overhead, round about
1 $/month so far

 - append: Does the borg client store the state and the hashes to the
chunks or would all data have to be read back?

- prune: Same question here. What is stored on the client side, which
data would have to be read back?

Best,
Matthias